The Travelin' Croakers

Saturday, June 3, 2017

SpaceX Launch/Kennedy Space Center

June 3rd and 4th, 2017

This was another very last minute trip.

I can't remember exactly how it all went about, but I told Ryan we should go somewhere (like the Beach) before he went back on full time at work.
He'd mentioned wanting to see the Rocket launch, but...I can't remember why he scrubbed the idea.

So we talked about what we wanted to do for a trip, and he didn't want to go to the Beach (boo hoo hoo).
He mentioned about it'd be neat if there was some place around here that had Glow Worm caves, like he saw in New Zealand.
So I got to investigating, and found some, in Alabama and Tennessee.

We picked Tennessee, and made our plans, but then this Rocket launch came back up and before I/we knew it, we were in the car on our way to Florida!


I called my sister and she and my brother-in-law and niece met us at a little park where we could watch the launch (if barely).

Hard to see, it was so far away, but it launched.



I was disappointed a second time because I had thought we would sit on a beach to watch the launch. He'd get his launch, I'd get my beach time. Nope.

After the launch we rode to, I think it was Cocoa Beach and stood around for a few minutes.
   The weather was pretty rough, windy and really choppy water. But it seems to me it's always windy and choppy on the Atlantic side, so I'm not sure if it was the weather or normal seas.

We went and spent the night at my sister's house, which was about 2 hours from there.
    The next day, me and them were planing to go to Clearwater Beach, on the Gulf side, but we woke up to ugly, rainy weather, so we hung around the house instead.

Ryan drove back the couple of hours to Kennedy Space Center to check it out and do the tours (by his poor, lonesome self).  He said he was fine with it (he spent 2 or 3 weeks in NZ by himself, afterall) and had fun.



June 3rd and 4th, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment