The Travelin' Croakers

Friday, January 16, 2009

Shopping for Vacation

One way to save money for vacationing is by shopping at thrift stores. You can get some really nice clothes, often name brand, at thrift stores for not alot of money. I'd say probably 98% of my regular everyday wardrobe comes from thrift stores.

Once a month for two days one of our local thrift stores has a 50-cent clothing sale where you can buy clothes for .50 each piece. Today was one of those days. Coldest day in like 10 years (10*F this morning!) and I was shopping for shorts, tshirts, and sundresses, lol.

But look what I got for $5.00; 1 sundress, 5 short-sleeve tops, 3 cami tops, and a pair of blue jean shorts:



I think this is my new favorite shirt. My son says it looks tres French. I just think it's cute.



Another nice thing about being able to get clothes so inexpensively is with the airlines now charging extra fees for checked luggage, I figure I can leave my clothes behind - maybe donate them to the room maids - and have the space in my suitcase to bring back my souvineers instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment