The Travelin' Croakers

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Family Night Out

Due to our schedules, mostly John's work schedule, family nights out are few and far between, so when we are able to go together and do something special, we consider it like a family trip, a mini-mini vacation if you will.

Yesterday we got to have a family night out, after Kevin's basketball game, we went out to eat and to see a movie.

We ate at Zaxby's chicken place. I only discovered Zaxby's this past week...I mean, I knew about Zaxby's, and John and Ryan had ate there before, but me or Kevin hadn't. Last week we had to go to a sports store in the next town to find Kevin some soccer cleats and shin guards, and when we were hungry and wanted to get something to eat, someone, probably John, suggested Zaxby's and we agreed to give it a tryout. The food in their commercials looks very good. I had the boneless chicken wings, and really liked them!

Yesterday morning John and I ran some errands, and it got on about lunchtime and we were hungry. The Waffle House was too crowded, and we didn't want to drive way out of the way to find somewhere else, but there was a Zaxby's there, so we agreed we could eat it again. I got the boneless wings again, and really liked them again!

In the meantime, Ryan was really put out with us for going to Zaxby's without him - twice - so yesterday evening, when we were deciding what to have for dinner, he said "I want Zaxby's!". So, we passed one, and I said, there's a Zaxby's, back up!

I think I've probably had enough Zaxby's to last me for awhile now, lol.

After dinner we went to see Clint Eastwood's brand new movie, Gran Torino.



Ryan had gone with his friends to see the movie when it was first released and he really liked it, and said he wanted to see it again. I kept hearing (reading) good reviews about it from others on message boards I visit, and thought it sounded like a movie we might enjoy seeing.

It was a mostly good movie. Could have been great, but.....that's all I'm going to say about that.

But we had an enjoyable family night out together. I recommend every family get out and do something fun together - movie, bowling, mini-golf, whatever - every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment