The Travelin' Croakers

Monday, June 24, 2013

Florida Family Visit

Friday before last, my Sister texted me and said I needed to come down (they live in central Florida) and visit them. Realizing my calendar is going to be pretty well filled for the next month or so, I decided I'd better go for a quick visit while I could.

 J & Ryan couldn't get off work at such short notice, so me, Kevin and my Aunt Rita headed out.

First we went to my parents place in Steinhatchee, Florida.

They bought this house and have been working on remodeling for about a year.
The bottom used to be open and the porch used to be square (left side of the pic). Dad angled the corners and made it look like a boat, or an ark, lol.


On the water-end he built on a Double-Decker-Party-Deck. It's pretty awesome.


My Sister and her family had visited the 'rents the day before we got there. They had brought Mom lots of tomatoes and peppers from their garden, so me and Ma made some homemade Salsa.

I'd share the recipe, but we just found a basic one off the internet, then Mom customized it with what she had or wanted to add. She's one of those peeps that can just put stuff together and it taste good.


The Tasters


We had a nice couple days visit with Mom and Dad, then headed out to my Sister's house in Lakeland, Florida. 

Being Florida, I guess I don't have to tell you it was *h*o*t*.  We had a big time putting her awesome pool to good use.


My loverly neices


We had a really nice visit with my Sister and Brother-in-law and my two nieces and two nephews.
We went out for lunch one day, and went to Ikea in Tampa the next day. Ikea is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment